Don’t miss the 6th annual Discover L&A County Geocaching Event, happening on August 18, 2018! Check out some of the great things happening!
Friday, August 17th... Water Cache Canoe Cruise
Looking to get out on the water in L&A? We'll have an assortment of canoes and kayaks available for rent prior to MEGA day! If you have your own watercraft, bring it along and take part in the fun.
- Location: King Street (east end), Napanee
- Time: 10am - 2pm
All canoes and kayaks have been rented, but we encourage you to bring your own and find the 11 newly-placed water caches.
Friday, August 17th, 6:30pm... DLA Kick-Off Party
Our annual Friday evening concert returns to Conservation Park in Napanee. It's the perfect opportunity to meet up with your geocaching friends, plan MEGA day, seek out some vendors and hear some great music from the band South of 7. Admission is free!
Saturday, August 18th... MEGA DAY!
We're moving our main event venue, but not too far. DLA MEGA 2018 will take place at the beautiful grounds of the Lennox & Addington County Museum and Archives, located at 97 Thomas Street East in Napanee (N 44° 15.142 W 076° 57.020). Here's the schedule of events:
- 8am - 4pm... Leave your mark in the log book and pick up information packages that detail fun geocaching activities taking place during the weekend. The event venue is open and staff are available all day to answer your questions. Drop in anytime for a coffee or share geocaching stories. Games, draws and activities will be available throughout the day.
- 9am - 4pm... Head to all corners of Lennox & Addington County for some world-class geocaching. Choose from more than 1,500 geocaches in L&A County, or try your hand at some of the many new caches that will be published just in time for the event!
- 4 - 5pm... After a fun day exploring L&A County, head back to the event venue for your chance to win an amazing assortment of prizes, hear closing remarks, and say 'cheese' for the popular group photo (happening at 4pm, sharp!).
Saturday, August 18th... Post-MEGA Meal
It's a DLA MEGA tradition! Wrap up a full day of geocaching with a delicious meal. Enjoy a great catered dinner from Cedar Crest Catering.
- Location: Allan Macpherson House, 180 Elizabeth Street, Napanee
- Time: 5:30pm
- Cost: $20 each - adults, $12 each - children 10 and under
- Register: Click here