Commissioner of Oath Services
Commissioner of Oath services are provided by the Office of the Clerk by appointment only. To make an appointment call 613-354-4883 ext. 3368.
- Proper identification (photo ID) such as a valid driver's license, current passport or any other government-issued photo identification must be presented as well as the completed affidavit with the exception of the signature.
- The affidavit must be signed in the presence of the Commissioner.
- It is at the exclusive discretion of the individual Commissioner of Oaths whether or not they choose to sign the document.
- The Commissioner of Oaths will not prepare or edit affidavits, nor provide legal advice.
The Commissioner of Oaths may sign documents related, but not limited to, the following:
- Consents to Travel
- Residency Documentation
- Vehicle Transfers
- Change of Ownership
- Insurance Claims
- Pension Plan Documents
- Certify Documents as "True Copies"
- Certification of Identifiable Individual's Signature
- Any government-related forms
- Municipally-Related Documents (In-house)
Certify True Copies:
The Clerk's Office certifies true copies of original documents such as birth, death, marriage certificates and passports. The original document must be provided in order to certify a true copy.