The County is responsible for administering all construction activities on County roads.
This may include engaging an engineering consultant to provide design, contract administration and construction inspection of these projects on its behalf.
County staff work closely with the consultant and local road authorities in developing the project’s design and overseeing its administration throughout the design, tender and construction phases and payment approval.
View up-to-date road closures, restrictions and construction projects within the County of Lennox and Addington through Municipal511
Notice of Construction
Superior Road Products has been contracted by the County of Lennox and Addington to apply an asphalt rejuvenating agent to the following sections of our roads:
- County Road 1 from County Road 6 to 0.2km east of County Road 4
- County Road 1 from Frontenac Boundary to Branch St
- County Road 4 from Northern limit of Centreville to County Road 14
- County Road 10 from Northern limit of Hwy 401 to County Road 11
The work is scheduled to take place between the following dates Monday, May 1, 2023 and Friday, May 26, 2023. All work is weather dependent.
Reclamite is designed to restore/rejuvenate roads that are dry, brittle, starting to break up, exhibiting cracks, loss of aggregate, etc. The process stops further degradation and extends the life and condition of the roads. This is a highly cost-effective preventative maintenance technique used to maintain roadway condition and safety.
Reclamite is a three-stage process that will be followed when applying the product:
- Apply an oil-based mixture by distributor truck which penetrates the asphalt in 30-40 minutes. Reclamite comes out pink until it starts to break, at that point you will see that the product will start to turn clear.
- Apply a layer of washed concrete sand on top of the application.
- Contractor will come back after a predetermined timeframe to sweep up all the excess sand. If possible, do not drive over treated areas until sanded. The sand limits the product from vehicle contact during the application stage.
Only one lane of the road will be applied at a time so vehicles will always have access and minimal disruption to the road. Please make sure to follow all traffic control and flaggers on the project to maintain a safe working environment for both you and the contractor.
This product is environmentally safe and will extend the pavement’s life. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your patience.
Should you have any questions or require further information please contact:
Chris McTaggart, C.E.T., Engineering Technologist
County of Lennox & Addington
613-354-4883 ext. 3504