To be eligible for Ontario Works, you must:
- Live in Ontario;
- Be in financial need (i.e. your household doesn’t have the financial resources to meet basic living expenses), and;
- Be willing to make reasonable efforts to find and keep a job (unless you have specific circumstances that temporarily prevent you from doing so, such as an illness or caregiving responsibilities).
Financial Assistance help for you and your family includes:
- Monthly support payments to help with the costs of basic needs, like food, clothing and shelter;
- Health benefits for clients and their families.
You’ll receive support based on housing costs and family size and you might also be eligible for drug and dental coverage, eyeglasses, and other medical needs.
Your Employment Assistance includes help finding, preparing for and keeping a job, such as:
- Workshops on resume writing
- Job counselling
- Job-specific training
- Access to basic education
As an eligible recipient, you’ll receive practical help—like education and job-specific training—to find a job so you can become self-sufficient faster. Employment assistance is tailored to your individual skills, needs, experience and circumstances.
Find what you're looking for: