March 29, 2021 - The John M. Parrott Centre was notified on the evening of March 25, 2021 of a single case of COVID-19 associated with a staff member. As per ministry guidelines, a single case of COVID-19 triggers an automatic outbreak within the Home. There have been zero new cases among staff, Residents, or families connected with the Home.
Since March 25th, the following precautions have been taken under the guidance of KFL&A Public Health:
- All Residents have been swabbed and all results are negative.
- Residents remain in their own Resident Home Areas (RHA) and are allowed visits from one designated essential caregiver.
- The 26 Residents who reside in the affected RHA are staying in their rooms with staff and designated essential caregivers assisting them as usual. These staff and essential caregivers are all wearing full PPE (gown, eye protection and mask).
- The outbreak is expected to be considered over on April 9 assuming no further positive cases develop.
- The vast majority of staff have had a PCR swab with negative results between March 26-29, 2021.
- Staff and the one designated essential caregiver will continue to be swabbed per their regular schedule twice weekly - one rapid antigen test and one polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test.
- The Home currently exceeds the infection control cleaning requirements on a daily basis. We continue to rely on our Clorox machine in addition to our regular cleaning and disinfection processes.
- Contact tracing is being completed by KFL&A Public Health.
The John M. Parrott Centre is a 168 bed Long-Term Care Facility in Napanee, owned and operated by the County of Lennox and Addington.
Lennox and Addington County Warden Ric Bresee said, “I never cease to be impressed by our staff at The John M. Parrott Centre. A year into this pandemic and this is the first case of Covid associated with the JMPC. And thanks to the amazing work of the JMPC staff, it appears to be isolated to one staff member, with no sign of spread to our highly vulnerable Residents.”
- 30 -
For more information, please contact:
Warden Ric Bresee
Brenda Orchard, Chief Administrative Officer