The Allan Macpherson House & Park, standing proudly along the banks of the Napanee River at 180 Elizabeth Street in Napanee, opens for another busy summer season on July 2nd. Built circa 1826, this grand old home is offering a jam packed schedule of events and activities in 2019.
In addition to 13 free “Demo Day” events covering a variety of topics, the summer schedule offers great children’s entertainment including performances from Dufflebag Theatre (July 9th & August 13th), Barefoot Players (August 1st) and Applefun Puppetry (July 23rd). Evening concerts include FiddleFire (July 24th) and The Kitchen Gypsies (August 14th). The summer event schedule is highlighted by Driftwood Theatre's A (Musical) Midsummer Night’s Dream (August 7th).
Guided tours ($3) are available every Wednesday in July and August. New this year, Lunchtime Yoga and Paddle Boarding is available from Studio Yoga Yoga on the grounds of the Macpherson House Every Tuesday & Thursday. Guests can also do some bird exploration while visiting this year. A Birding in a Box exploration kit is available during opening hours.
Check out the full programming schedule:
- July 2nd, 2pm | Demo Day: Succulent Fairy Gardens (FREE)
- July 4th, 2pm | Demo Day: Bird Talk & Birdhouse Building (FREE)
- July 9th, 2pm | DuffleBag Theatre Presents Robin Hood ($3)
- July 11th, 2pm | Demo Day: Illuminated Letters (FREE)
- July 16th, 2pm | Demo Day: A Pollinator Garden (FREE)
- July 17th, 1 – 4pm | An Afternoon at Willow Castle (FREE)
- July 18th, 2pm | Demo Day: Pottery Workshop (FREE)
- July 23rd, 2pm | Applefun Puppetry Presents Forest Trek ($3)
- July 24th, 7pm | Concert: FiddleFire ($3)
- July 25th, 2pm | Demo Day: Music & Instrument Making (FREE)
- July 30th, 2pm | Demo Day: Kartooning for Kids (& Kids at Heart) with Tim Nimigan (FREE)
- August 1st, 2pm | Barefoot Players Present What IS That Thing? ($3)
- August 6th, 2pm | Demo Day: Make a Bird Mask (FREE)
- August 7th, 7:30pm | Driftwood Theatre Presents A Musical Midsummer Night’s Dream (Pay-What-You-Can)
- August 8th, 2pm | Demo Day: Paper Making with Wendy Cain (FREE)
- August 13th, 2pm | Dufflebag Theatre Presents Sleeping Beauty ($3)
- August 14th, 7pm | Concert: Kitchen Gypsies ($3)
- August 15th, 2pm | Demo Day: The Buzz on Bees (FREE)
- August 20th, 2pm | Demo Day: Indigenous Beading (FREE)
- August 21st, 1 – 4pm | An Afternoon at Willow Castle (FREE)
- August 22nd, 2pm | Demo Day: Macramé (FREE)
- August 27th, 2pm | Demo Day: Book Inspirations with Peggy Collins (FREE)
- August 29th, 2pm | Ice Cream Social (FREE)
Visitors are asked to bring their own lawn chairs to each of the events they attend. For more information about the House, please visit the website or call 613-354-3027.