The Archives extensive collection - estimated at 10,000 items - receives new additions by donation on a regular basis. Check out some of the new and exciting items we have available.
2016.105 Davis Family fonds
- World War Two era letters, gas and food ration books, and a dried poppy picked from Flanders Fields.
2016.106 Masonic Union Lodge #9 fonds
- Approx. 54 photographs of the Worshipful Masters of the Masonic Union Lodge #9, files of correspondance, brochures, programmes, clippings, articles, history of the lodge, and poems.
2016.112 Day Tea Company Ledger 1890 - 1895
- Also includes five letters from the 1930s requesting free samples of Daly Tea.
- "To the Electors of Lenox [sic] & Addington," June 1828, Napanee. An anonymous, open letter of opposition against Reform members Marshall Spring Bidwell and Peter Perry, the eventual victors of the election.
2016.121 Centennial Women's Institute
- Tweedsmuir History, 1989-2009; minute books, 1996-2009 and 2010-2013.
Book: Vimy: Letters from the Front, by William McNaught, published 2016
- The story of John Leslie Ball who died on April 12th, 1917 during the Battle of Vimy Ridge.
Book: Dr Oronhyatekha: Security, Justice and Equality by Keith Jamieson and Michelle A. Hamilton
- Biography of Dr. Oronhyatekha. He was one of the first indigenous physicians in Canada, and the first to attend Oxford University.
Book: Hostages to Fortune: The United Empire Loyalists and the Making of Canada by Peter C. Newman
- Recounts the expulsion and migration of the Loyalists.