Get the Most From Your Viewing Experience
- Choose an evening following a day with deep blue skies (indicating low humidity and clear air) for ideal conditions at the L&A County Dark Sky Viewing Area.
- As pretty as the moon is, for dark sky viewing with lots of stars and views of the Milky Way, choose a moonless or close to moonless night.
- Bring binoculars or a telescope if you have one. While they aren’t necessary to enjoy the night, the conditions are perfect to enjoy these tools.
- A reclining lawn chair is an ideal accessory, along with warm clothing and a blanket.
- When pulling your vehicle into the parking lot, please turn off headlights as soon as possible. Even the smallest amount of light can disrupt night sky photographs and disturb people's ability to focus on the stars.
- It really is dark, so bring a SMALL, DIM flashlight to see where you are walking. When you're on the viewing platform, please don't shine any white light (red light is acceptable).
- Bring bug spray... just in case.
- Clear Sky Chart: The Astronomers Forecast for the Dark Sky Viewing Area
- The Weather Network: Forecast for Erinsville
- Nightfall Calendar
- Moonrise, Moonset & Phase Calendar
- Aurora Forecast
- Spot the Station - ISS Tracker
- This Week's Sky on SkyNews
Lennox & Addington County isn't just a stargazing destination... there's lots to see and do during the day as well! Please browse our website for great things to do while the sun's up!