REGISTERED PRACTICAL NURSES – Part-Time
Supervisor: Manager, Nursing Services
Salary Range: $27.91 to $31.29 per hour (as per the CUPE Collective Agreement)
Hours of Work: Days, evenings, nights & weekends (as scheduled)
Closing Date: May 31, 2019
The County of Lennox and Addington is seeking Registered Practical Nurses to join the team of its long-term care facility, The John M. Parrott Centre in the Town of Greater Napanee. The John M. Parrott Centre provides professional and dedicated care to the 168 residents living in our state-of-the-art facility.
· Administration of medications and treatments
· Documentation of work performed
· Care plans
· Direct supervision of resident care and direct care staff
· Other duties as assigned
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS:
· RPN Registration with the College of Nurses
· Expected to work within the full scope of practice
· Current CPR required
· Upgraded skills certification
· Experience and knowledge in geriatrics
· Excellent organizational and communication (oral and written) skills
· Must possess the ability to be responsible for the direction and guidance of the PSW staff
· Strong computer skills and experience with electronic documentation are preferred
· Ability to organize and prioritize
· Assessment skills in geriatrics
· Recognition of related experience
The John M. Parrott Centre is considered Rural and therefore new graduates could qualify for the Canada Student Loan Forgiveness Program. (www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/education/student-loan-forgiveness/eligibility.html)
For more information and to apply, please visit our website at www.lennox-addington.on.ca
Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of applicant selection. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Resumes received after the closing date will not be considered.
Please note that accommodations are available upon request to support the participation of persons with disabilities in applying for jobs and during the interview and assessment process. If you require an accommodation, please call the County’s Human Resources Department at 613-354-4883 to discuss. We will work with you to meet your needs.
Click here to apply.