Applications are no longer being accepted for 2020. Thank you for your interest.
Hidden gems and unspoiled moments are found in every corner of Lennox & Addington County. Here in L&A we offer breathtaking rural landscapes, a rich history and lifelong memories that are Naturally L&A.
We also offer a number of unique tourism products and are home to a variety of top-notch events that are enjoyed by both residents and visitors alike.
Lennox & Addington Economic Development Office is offering the opportunity to receive funding for new event creation, event enhancement or new / enhanced tourism product development. Funding will be equally available for tourism businesses and event organizers in each of Lennox and Addington’s four partner municipalities: Township of Addington Highlands, Town of Greater Napanee, Loyalist Township and the Township of Stone Mills.
Examples of event enhancements include incorporating live music, local food or other exciting additions that will draw visitors from further afield and make for a more memorable experience. Potential new events could include music concerts, sporting events or or other unique offerings.
New tourism products include developing activities with untapped potential. Examples include new attractions (i.e. stargazing tourism), themed tours (i.e. haunted walks), or business collaborations that add to the visitor experience (i.e. butter tart trail).
The maximum contribution per application from Lennox & Addington County is $2,500 (HST included). Applicants are strongly encouraged to contact the Economic Development Office to discuss their project before completing the application.
Tourism Activation Program Guidelines
Lennox & Addington County is offering Tourism Activation Funding to create truly unique experiences. This initiative focuses on supporting projects that are unique and result in marketing exposure and visitor attraction for Lennox and Addington.
Please see below for criteria guidelines and more information.
Eligible organizations include:
- Festival and Event Organizers
- Tourism Enterprises, Businesses and Community Groups (as individual organizations or as a group) such as Arts & Culture, Heritage, Agri-Culinary, Sports, etc.
The project must be visitor-friendly and located within Lennox & Addington County. The project must be a new or enhanced experience. It is expected that organizations have their own budget to put toward the project and to match the potential funding.
Ineligible requests include:
- Capital/infrastructure expenses
- Regular operational expenses
- Charitable contributions
- Municipal governments are not eligible to apply.
Application Evaluation Criteria
The Selection Committee, consisting of members of the Lennox & Addington County Economic Development Coalition, will use the following criteria to evaluate each application:
- New or enhanced experience
- Unique, authentic experience
- Potential of social media engagement
- Appeals to both local residents and visitors
- Potential to attract out-of-town visitors
- Potential of overall economic benefit to Lennox & Addington County
- Level of collaboration with other stakeholders
- Marketing/promotional support provided
Please note that priority will be given to applications that HAVE NOT received Tourism Activation funding in previous years.
Events/project must be completed by December 31, 2020.
Selection & Due Diligence
All applications go through a process of screening against the eligibility criteria before being assessed by the Selection Committee. The Selection Committee will meet to discuss the submissions and agree upon a final short-list of applications.
Before granting final approval, Lennox & Addington County will undertake due diligence on the lead organizations. The main purpose of this is to determine capability and readiness of the lead organization to deliver the end product.
If successful, a funding agreement between the lead organization and Lennox & Addington County will be required.
Follow Up Evaluation Reporting Form
Organizations that receive funding are to provide a final project evaluation to Lennox & Addington County no later than 60 days from the conclusion of the event or completion of the project, and include reporting for the following:
- Describe any significant accomplishments, success stories, knowledge gained and/or lessons learned.
- Briefly summarize the items in your original proposal that were met or not achieved.
- Provide us with the results of your project (e.g., attendance numbers, where visitors were from and social media engagement).
- Describe any significant factors/events that may have impacted your ability (positively or negatively) to implement the funded project (e.g., challenges or opportunities, such as funding issues or collaborative partnerships).
- Will the funded activities be continued? Please provide details.
Application Process & Deadlines
Applicants are strongly encouraged to discuss their project, questions and eligibility before applying by contacting Rob Plumley, Community Development Officer at 613-354-4883 ext. 3271.
Proposals must be submitted online using the PDF form link below. Email completed applications to Rob Plumley at email@example.com. The deadline to receive applications is Friday, February 28, 2020 at 4pm.