The County of Lennox & Addington Economic Development Office is seeking a qualified service provider to provide digital support services as our Digital Service Squad Member (DSS). This project will allow main street small businesses to take full advantage of digital technologies and e-commerce platforms to increase their revenues and create jobs.
The goal is to help our businesses improve their online presence, improve digital marketing and improve social media opportunities. In addition it will help businesses access the Digital Transformation Grant currently being offered by the Government of Canada and the Province of Ontario.
The project will run for 24 weeks: September 14, 2020 to February 28th, 2021. The average hours per week is 16. We expect that the beginning of the project (12 weeks) will most likely be busier with approximately 20 hours per week followed by approximately 10 hours per week for the remaining 12 weeks.
Duties / Responsibilities
1. Advisory Services
- Meet one on one with local businesses (in-person and remotely) to support their needs and identify priorities for digital marketing and e-commerce.
- Assist business owners apply for the Digital Transformation Grant.
- Support businesses with easy-to-use digital tools and technologies to help each adapt and grow (i.e. activating social media accounts, Google My Business…etc.)
- Provide resources (articles, links, how-to guides, and webinars) available through secondary sources that can help the business owner learn about digital marketing and how it relates to the success of their business
2. Reporting and Feedback
- Complete field notes and report on a weekly basis to the Economic Development Office.
- Attend team meetings as required.
- Ensure all client data and the service provided is entered into the Digital Main Street CRM (HubSpot)
- Provide content for Lennox and Addington County social media channels.
The DSS Member will be required to attend workshops and events related to the Digital Main Street program.
Qualified Service Providers Will:
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of digital technologies for small business (web, social media, e-commerce, etc.) and how to support a business in implementing each.
- Demonstrate a basic use of software and collaboration tools such as Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) as well as website applications and social media platforms.
- Have previous experience working with small businesses.
- Will provide one individual to be the DSS, a team approach is not recommended.
- Provide their own computer and mobile phone to use for the duration of the contract.
- Possess strong communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Have excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Be able to travel with your their vehicle and work in-person or remotely with the local businesses.
The successful Proponent shall maintain full and adequate insurance. The requirements for General Liability Insurance are:
- $2,000,000 per occurrence
- Corporation of the County of Lennox and Addington named as an additional insured.
August 19 RFP Issued
August 28 RFP closes at 4:30pm
September 4 RFP Awarded
September 14 Project Start Date
February 28, 2021 Project End Date
The County of Lennox & Addington will receive applications until 4:30pm on August 28, 2020. All applications can be delivered electronically to:
All entries become the sole property of, and are subject to verification by, the County of Lennox & Addington. The County assumes no responsibility for entries lost, stolen, delayed, damaged or misdirected, or for the failure, interruption or delay of any communication to be received, for any reason.
The County of Lennox & Addington reserves the right, at its sole discretion and without prior notice, to amend, cancel, close, suspend or reinstate this call for proposals at any time, and for any reason whatsoever.
Submissions shall be no more than 10 pages and shall include as a minimum:
- Outline of your experiences and how it will benefit the businesses of Lennox and Addington
- The proposed Digital Services Member (DSS) and an overview of their skills and experiences.
- A brief listing of at least three similar projects undertaken, including references.
- Provide the hourly rate for the services to be provided as well as any additional expenses.
Closing and Selections
After closing at 4:30pm on August 28, 2020 the County of Lennox and Addington will award the contract at its sole discretion. There is no guarantee, expressed or implied, that the lowest cost proposal or any other proposal will be awarded. The County of Lennox and Addington is not obligated to pay for any work done by any organization in connection with any submission.
For further information:
Economic Development Officer
County of Lennox & Addington