Don't miss the North American Gaeltacht's AGM and Immersion Weekend! All events on Friday and Sunday are free. Tickets may be purchased for lunch ($10) and supper ($25) on Saturday. There is also a charge for the entertainment and Céilí on Saturday night ($10). Camping on site may be coordinated through Aralt Mac Giolla Chainnigh (email@example.com).
Below is a list of activities:
Friday, June 21st:
- Morning: Gaeltacht Work Party... Clear brush, cut wood, maintain trails, cut grass, paint small buildings (at the Gaeltacht)
- Afternoon: Irish Language Classes & Cultural Workshops (at the Gaeltacht)
- Evening: Tine Cnámh... Campfire, singing in Irish, storytelling (at the Gaeltacht)
Saturday, June 22nd:
- 11am - 1pm: Cumann na Gaeltachta AGM, Part 1 (at the Legion or Gaeltacht)
- 1 - 2pm: Lunch
- 2 - 3pm: Cumann na Gaeltachta AGM, Part 2 (at the Legion or Gaeltacht)
- 3:15 - 4:30: Comaharchumann Sealbhóirí na Gaeltachta, AGM (at the Gaeltacht)
- 5 - 6pm: Mini-Oireachtas (at the Legion)
- 6 - 8pm: Dinner (at the Legion)
- 8 - 11pm: Céilí (at the Legion)
Sunday, June 23rd:
- Morning: Irish Language Classes & Cultural Workshops (at the Gaeltacht)
The North American Gaeltacht is a 60 acre piece of property near Kingston, Ontario, being developed as a permanent home for the Irish Language. The property is owned by the landholder's cooperative (Comharchumann Sealbhóirí na Gaeltachta). Programs and site management are carried out by Cumann na Gaeltachta.
For more information visit their Eventbrite page.