The County of Lennox & Addington is seeking applications for two (2) Technical Assistants.
(April – August)
- Administer a traffic counting program including data collection, processing and analysis
- Assist with field supervision, inspection and contract administration of maintenance contracts
- Infrastructure data collection
- Provide engineering assistance to the Roads and Bridges Department staff
- Currently enrolled in a program of study in civil engineering at either a university or community college and returning in the fall of 2019
- Strong organizational, prioritization and problem solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and familiarity with AutoCad
- Provide a clear criminal record information check
- Possess a valid driver’s licence and provide a clean driver’s abstract
The County will supply all necessary equipment including use of a County vehicle for field work. At times it may be necessary for the Technical Assistant to provide a personal vehicle as required. This vehicle should be appropriately insured for use on County business. Reimbursement for personal vehicle use will be provided.
Position will start on April 29, 2019 for approximately 19 weeks (35 hours per week) at a salary of $17.00 per hour.
Please forward a resume and covering letter by 4:00 p.m. Friday, March 15, 2019 to:
Technical Administrative Assistant
County of Lennox and Addington
97 Thomas Street East, Lower Level
Napanee, ON K7R 4B9
Phone: 613-354-4883 Fax: 613-354-3112
Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of applicant selection. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Resumes received after the closing date will not be considered.
Please note that accommodations are available upon request to support the participation of persons with disabilities in applying for jobs and during the interview and assessment process. If you require an accommodation, please call the County’s Human Resources Department at 613-354-4883 to discuss. We will work with you to meet your needs.