Senior Human Resources Advisor
The County of Lennox and Addington is seeking a dynamic and experienced professional to deliver a full range of Human Resources services to management and staff.
Located in Eastern Ontario, mid-way between Toronto and Montreal, the County of Lennox and Addington offers attractive rural, recreational and small town lifestyle opportunities in close proximity to the urban centres of Kingston and Belleville.
Reporting to the Director, Human Resources, the Senior HR Advisor will be responsible to oversee and deliver appropriate and effective Human Resources services within an assigned client portfolio including:
· Provide recommendations and support on courses of action when dealing with employee/labour relations issues including disciplinary matters, conducting and/or assisting with investigations, and participation in grievance processes and collective bargaining.
· Act as an advisor and/or coordinator for Recruitment and Selection, Job Evaluation and Pay Equity, Pension and Benefits Administration, Performance Management, WSIB/Disability Management, Return to Work, Accommodation, Wellness, Attendance Management processes.
· Ensure consistent application of applicable collective agreement(s) and HR policies. Support facilitation and resolution of employee conflicts/issues.
· Lead and/or participate in the development, delivery and evaluation of corporate or client specific HR training, plans, programs and initiatives.
· Contribute to the review, revision, introduction and implementation of new or updated Human Resource policies, guidelines and processes.
· Conduct research and analysis into HR trends and in support various HR deliverables.
· Post-secondary education in Human Resources or a related field is required.
· Five (5) years of progressive experience as an HR professional and leader
· CHRP/CHRL is preferred or willingness to obtain; Certified Return to Work Coordinator or Disability Management Designation is an asset.
· Thorough knowledge and application of employment/labour legislation, programs, policies and practices.
· Excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a high performing team.
· Discretion, sound judgment and decision making skills in dealing with confidential and sensitive issues.
· Proven organizational, decision-making, problem solving and analytical abilities.
· Demonstrated skills in working with all levels of staff in an organization and the ability to work with external groups, agencies and/or individuals.
· Ability to deal with conflict and numerous demands in a professional and competent manner.
· Strong computer skills; Experience working with an HRIS is preferred.
The annual salary for this position is $73,782 to $86,286 and comes with a comprehensive benefit package.
Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of applicant selection. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Resumes received after the closing date will not be considered.
Please note that accommodations are available upon request to support the participation of persons with disabilities in applying for jobs and during the interview and assessment process. If you require an accommodation, please call the County’s Human Resources Department at 613-354-4883 to discuss. We will work with you to meet your needs.
Click here to apply.