Resident Support Aide – Posting # 2020-57
Casual Contract - Up to Six (6) Months - External
Location: Resident Services – The John M. Parrott Centre
Supervisor: Resident Services Co-ordinator
Hours of Work: Days, Evenings and Weekends
Salary Range: $20.00 per hour, plus 14% in lieu of benefits and 4% vacation pay (as per the CUPE Collective Agreement)
Closing Date: September 14, 2020
- Grade 12 or equivalent, preference given to Nursing, Practical Nursing and Personal Support Worker (PSW) students, Health Care Aides or Developmental Service Workers
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions
- Previous experience in healthcare and long term settings preferred
- Previous experience in cleaning, food service or housekeeping preferred
- Knowledge of best practices for infection control, and ability to work in a team environment
- Able to carry out the duties of the position
- Satisfactory criminal reference check required
DESCRIPTION/RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION:
- Resident meal assistance including meal set-up and clean up, set and provision of nourishment cart delivery and intake assistance, cleaning of dining room
- General housekeeping duties including making beds, cleaning of common areas
- Portering of residents to meals and programs
- Answering resident call bells and 2nd assist on transfers using Mechanical Lifts
- Resident assistance at large programs as needed
- Other duties as assigned to support the JMPC team and residents
REGULATED SAFETY ACTIVITIES:
- Must adhere to all service area / The John M. Parrott Centre policies and procedures as outlined in WHMIS, Infection Control, Fire Health & Safety and other manuals and legislation
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, The John M. Parrott Centre employees are not able to work for another employer in a health care setting to protect the health & safety of our staff and residents.
Note: You are currently unable to apply using a mobile phone
Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of applicant selection. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Resumes received after the closing date will not be considered.
Please note that accommodations are available upon request to support the participation of persons with disabilities in applying for jobs and during the interview and assessment process. If you require an accommodation, please call the County’s Human Resources Department at 613-354-4883 to discuss. We will work with you to meet your needs
How to Apply
First-time users of our online recruitment system will need to create a profile, which you will be able to re-use each time you apply for a position with the County of Lennox & Addington.
You will be required to upload a resume and cover letter – please have these documents ready to upload individually (Word and PDF formats are accepted). You will also be asked to include your education and previous employment information.
By creating a profile with us, you won't have to keep providing your biographical, education, skills and previous experience each time you apply for a position.
Once you have completed the process, you will receive an email confirming your application was successful.
For a detailed step by step instructions, please click here.
Should you have any questions and experience technical issues, please contact email@example.com.
Note: The use of mobile phones is not supported at this time.