Location: Environmental Services – The John M. Parrott Centre
Supervisor: Environmental Services Supervisor
Hours of Work: Shifts as scheduled including 12 hour shifts/weekly on call shifts
Salary Range: $20.28 to $22.98 per hour (as per the CUPE Collective Agreement)
- This job requires a high degree of aptitude and technical experience in plumbing, carpentry, dry walling, painting, electrical and mechanical in commercial facilities
- Must have experience working with a licensed trade person – preference will be given to candidates with trade certificates or produce evidence of having worked with licensed trade personnel
- Knowledge and experience working with call bell systems, heating, ventilating and air conditioning, fire alarm systems and generators in commercial settings
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Proficient using computer applications including MS office suite
- Ability to prioritize tasks with a focus on risk and safety
- Highly organized, self-motivated with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Must be in good physical condition and able to lift 60 lbs.
- Must have an excellent attendance record
- Cleaning experience in healthcare required with knowledge of good infection control practices
- Continuing education is an expectation
- Experience in long term care or hospital type settings preferred with a genuine interest in seniors
DESCRIPTION/RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION:
- Conduct necessary routine, preventative and remedial maintenance on all facility mechanical, electrical, life safety systems, facility equipment, building interior and grounds following facility policies and procedures and required legislation (MOH, MOL, building codes, fire codes etc.)
- On call maintenance coverage-responding to emergencies and priority maintenance requests during off hours
- Keeping appropriate documentation
- Housekeeping tasks to include routine and deep cleaning procedures to maintain a hospital clean environment.
REGULATED SAFETY ACTIVITIES:
- Must adhere to all facility policies and procedures as outlined in WHMIS, Infection Control, Fire & Safety and other manuals and legislation
Qualified interested applicants are encouraged to forward a detailed resume and covering letter indicating the Job Title by 4:00 p.m. on February 6, 2019 to:
County of Lennox and Addington
97 Thomas Street East
Napanee, ON K7R 4B9
Phone: 613-354-4883 Fax: 613-354-5043
Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of applicant selection. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Resumes received after the closing date will not be considered. Positions remain on the website after the closing date for reference purposes only.
Please note that accommodations are available upon request to support the participation of persons with disabilities in applying for jobs and during the interview and assessment process. If you require an accommodation, please call the County’s Human Resources Department at 613-354-4883 to discuss. We will work with you to meet your needs.