Job Title: Food Service Supervisor (70 hours bi- weekly)
Location: The John M. Parrott Centre, 309 Bridge St. W., Napanee
Supervisor: Director, Long Term Care Services
Salary: $72,490.60 to $84,793.80
The John M. Parrott Centre is a fully accredited state-of-the-art, 168-bed long-term care facility, owned and operated by the County of Lennox and Addington, in the Town of Greater Napanee. This position will begin February 18, 2019 until March 2020.
- Attend Care Conferences and complete RAI assessments for Low and some Moderate Risk
- Provide leadership, direction, supervision to dietary staff
- Conduct monthly dietary staff and cook meetings, prepare and post minutes
- Manage and monitor adherence to MOHLTC regulations, Public Health, etc.
- Maintain residents dietary information system
- Monitor meal service to residents and evaluate outcomes
- Review, sign, and submit for approval all dietary invoices
- Catering for special resident functions
- Review, revise and update two, 3 week cycle menus including therapeutic menus, recipes and production sheets
- Develop, review and revise Dietary Policies bi-annually
- Secondary School Graduation Diploma as well as Food Service Supervisor Certificate from a recognized Community College or equivalent
- Membership in the Canadian Society of Nutrition Management required
- Experience in a unionized Long Term Care facility adhering to the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care Compliance Standards required
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Computer literacy
- Preference will be given to candidates familiar with Word, Excel, Complete Purchasing and Point Click Care software
- A genuine interest in Gerontology
Please forward a detailed resume and cover letter by 4:00 p.m. on Monday, January 14, 2019 to:
County of Lennox and Addington
97 Thomas Street East
Napanee, ON K7R 4B9
Phone: 613-354-4883 Fax: 613-354-3112
Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of applicant selection. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Resumes received after the closing date will not be considered.
Please note that accommodations are available upon request to support the participation of persons with disabilities in applying for jobs and during the interview and assessment process. If you require an accommodation, please call the County’s Human Resources Department at 613-354-4883 to discuss. We will work with you to meet your needs.