ACTIVITY AIDE (2 positions)
Supervisor: Resident Services Coordinator
Salary Range: $21.19 to $24.28 per hour (as per the
CUPE Collective Agreement)
Shifts: Days, evenings & weekends (as
Note: Continuing education is an expectation
Closing Date: March 21, 2019 at 4:00 p.m.
The County of Lennox and Addington is seeking a person to join the Activation team of its long-term care facility, The John M. Parrott Centre in the Town of Greater Napanee. The John M. Parrott Centre provides professional and dedicated care to the 168 residents living in our state-of-the-art facility.
- Developing, preparing, facilitating, documenting programs and working with volunteers
- Physically capable of performing the essential duties of the job in a long-term care facility
- Exceptional interpersonal skills essential
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, as well as in a team environment
- Proficient in using MS Office applications, including MS Word, Excel
- Must adhere to all service area policies and procedures as outline in WHMIS, Infection Control, Fire, Health and Safety and other manuals and legislation
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Recreation and Leisure studies, Therapeutic Recreation or Kinesiology
- Gerontology and restorative care courses, previous experience in planning and implementing programs for seniors with varied cognitive and physical abilities is essential
- Knowledge and experience in RAI-MDS 2.0 is essential
- Certification in emergency first aid and CPR
Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of applicant selection. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Resumes received after the closing date will not be considered. Positions remain on the website after the closing date for reference purposes only.
Please note that accommodations are available upon request to support the participation of persons with disabilities in applying for jobs and during the interview and assessment process. If you require an accommodation, please call the County’s Human Resources Department at 613-354-4883 to discuss. We will work with you to meet your needs.
Click here to apply.