Please note that this event has been postponed to a later date.
Tourism stakeholders in Lennox & Addington are invited to learn about an exciting opportunity designed to create and enhance experiences that can inspire visitor travel.
An IGNITE Information Session takes place at the Lennox & Addington County Museum & Archives, 97 Thomas Street East, Napanee on Tuesday, November 6th at 1:30pm.
IGNITE is an immersive, hands on learning experience for tourism stakeholers that can increase revenue potential, help establish a competitive market position, inspire new and enhanced tourism experiences and create long lasting community partnerships.
If this information session generates enough interest, an immersive 4 day, 3 night workshop for tourism-related businesses will take place in Spring 2019 at Northern Edge Algonquin in South River, Ontario. Learn more about the workshop.
This event is hosted by RTO 9, the Regional Tourism Organization for South Eastern Ontario. We hope that you will be able to join us for the free info session to learn more about the program.
More details about the program:
- Do you recognize untapped tourism potential in your community?
- Are you looking to engage visitors in new ways and learn what that can mean to the success of your business or destination?
- Have you wondered about what visitors most want to experience and how to create unique and customized opportunities for your tourism customers?
- Have you been spinning your wheels – if only you could devote some time to meeting tourism allies and collaborative partners and learning how best to work together?
If you answered yes to any of these questions and are driven to take action towards creating new or enhanced tourism experiences, then we have an opportunity for you! We are looking for a mix of traditional and non-tourism-related businesses, as well as supportive tourism organizations and partners (e.g. Economic Development/Municipal representatives, Chambers of Commerce, BIAs, etc.) to take part in our one-of-a-kind IGNITE Experiential Training Program.
Tired of typical training? IGNITE is different. The program involves a combination of physical activity, cultural interaction and engaging with companies who are well known and respected in the Explorer’s Edge region of Ontario. That’s right, we’re travelling!
Here's what you can look forward to:
- Staying at Northern Edge Algonquin, an award-winning, solar-powered nature retreat
- Devoting 3 days to an off-the-grid, unplugged, distraction-free learning environment
- Visiting several destinations and companies in the region, learning from each organization’s key success stories, lessons learned and business practices
Please note that the cost to participate in the program is yet to be determined.